The new, extensively updated Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) offers education based on the 2015 American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)/American Heart Association (AHA) “Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care: Neonatal Resuscitation Guidelines.” It is designed for any healthcare professionals involved in the delivery and care of newborns. This is a hands on course that requires online test completion prior to coming to the course.
AAP HAS RESTRUCTURED NRP TO NOW REQUIRE COMPLETION OF AN ONLINE EXAMINATION PRIOR TO ATTENDING THE NRP COURSE.
Purchase your online from www.aap.org/nrp
NRP has been reformatted to require students to take an active role in their learning. The new 7th Edition format requires that ALL STUDENTS MUST COMPLETE THE ONLINE 6TH EDITION NRP EXAMINATION PRIOR TO THEIR SCHEDULED CLASS. YOU MUST BRING YOUR COMPLETED EXAMINATION CERTIFICATE TO CLASS IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE IN THE NRP COURSE. THE NRP COURSE MUST BE TAKEN WITHIN 30 DAYS OF COMPLETING THE ONLINE EXAMINATION. Additionally, there is no longer a distinction between certification and renewal. All students will take the online examination and then participate in the same activities at the NRP Course. However, participation will be tailored to the experience of the student.
In order to complete the online examination, you will need to purchase or have access to the new textbook. It is available through our website at registration. The textbook is 329 pages and includes a DVD to watch. Please allow enough study time prior to taking the examination and registering for your NRP Course.
NRP Course Components include:
1. Take the written examination online (required). If you do not pass even one lesson after the second try, you will be required to purchase another license through www.aap.org/nrp. The cost for an additional license is $20.
2. NRP Course (required). You have 30 days from the completion date of your written examination to complete the NRP Course. Components of the NRP Course are:
- Performance Skills Stations (optional)
- Integrated Skills Station (required)
- Simulation and Debriefing (required)
Skills Testing: 2 to 5 hours in classroom settings (length of class depends on the number of students)
Course Cost $275.00